Description

"And I have one of those very loud, stupid laughs. I mean if I ever sat behind myself in a movie or something, I'd probably lean over and tell myself to please shut up." -J. D. Salinger

Top Image

Top Image

What's in My Makeup Bag

Posted on: Sunday


My makeup routine is always changing. I remember when I first started wearing makeup it was just a tiny bit of mascara on the tips of my lashes and an eyelash curler. Later I added eyeliner to the waterline of my lower lashes. A year later I added crazy eyeshadow combinations. Then a friend introduced me to Bare Minerals and I added their foundation to my routine as well. I find that as I get older the less makeup I tend wear. So lets talk about the ones that finally made the cut!

1. Urban Decay's Naked Basics Palette: I'm not a makeup artist. I learned that after I purchased the original Naked palette and only used the basic colors on there. All the other colors on that palette are practically untouched but the first five. So when Urban Decay came out with the Basics Palette I knew it was the one for me. The colors are matte and they are just perfect for an everyday look.

2. Bare Minerals All-Over face color in Clear Radiance: I received this in a foundation kit that Bare Minerals had and I had no idea what to do with it. It's labeled as an All-Over face color but it's the sheerest of pinks! I think I let it sit around for about two months before I tried it on as a blush. And you know what? Its kinda awesome. It's the perfect combination of translucent/shimmery/pale pink that you'll ever find. Although its not too shimmery. Kind of like a highlighter? I can't explain. Just try it and you might fall in love.

3. Bare Minerals Mineral Veil: While I no longer use the Bare Minerals foundation on a daily basis I do love their Mineral Veil. It's the perfect translucent powder.

4. Rosebud Salve: I've heard about this stuff for years. Years I tell you!! But I never thought much about it. How much different could it be from chapstick? But then I found myself five dollars short from free shipping on Sephora. SO obviously I had to find a little something something just to make that difference. And this stuff turned out to be the best impulse buy ever. After using this I can't go back to regular old chapstick. It just moisturizes a million times better. I mean truly moisturizes! If you want pillowy, soft and hydrated lips then use this stuff. Best stuffs ever.

5. Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer: Oh ye good old eyeshadow primer! I would be lost without this stuff. I've tried primers from Bare Minerals, MAC, Neutrogena, you name it. But only this has the staying power that works for me.

6. Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler: If there is one thing on this list that I urge you to buy it is this trusty thing. Growing up I always used regular cheap drugstore brand eyelash curlers. I hated them! You always had break them in which could take months! They ripped out your eyelashes and the replacement pads never ever ever ever worked. I remember reading about the Shu Uemura eyelash curler in a magazine and decided I'd give it a try. It was the best decision I ever made for my eyelashes. I have never lost a single eyelash from this curler in the 5 years that I've been using it. Theres no breaking it in, it simply curls your eyelashes from the first time to every time. And when you decide that perhaps maybe you should use the replacement pad you'll find that it actually works. It works I tell you!!!! So get one of these. You wont regret it.

7. Clinique SPF 40: The first time I bought this I thought that maybe somehow the wrong product had been put inside the tube. This couldn't possibly be sunscreen. But it is! It's almost like a tinted moisturizing sunscreen. Its definitely tinted. It doesn't cover anything, but for me it seems to even out my skin tone which I like. Plus it has SPF! I use this and then lightly dust the mineral veil over to set it. I've used this for about 4 years and I love it!

8. Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray: This stuff is new to me. But I can already tell that I'll be purchasing more. If you end up with squeaky clean hair that you can't seem to style because it's too clean then this stuff is for you. When the dry shampoo revolution started I jumped right on board. I think mainly because when my hair was freshly washed I really couldn't do anything with it! Dirty hair is best hair. But too dirty of hair is just as awful as squeaky clean hair. And thats where this stuff comes in. Squeaky clean hair becomes almost like that dirty manageable hair that dry shampoo manages to fix. But your hair isn't dirty, it's clean! And you can style it perfectly! If you have that problem then you know what I mean.

That concludes my list! But really, get that eyelash curler. You won't regret it.

0 notes:

ON THE ARROW All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger